Photo Credit: Matt Frazier
Matt changed his diet a few years ago and has gone on to run incredible distances and help thousands of people to do the same. If you have ever wandered if it’s possible to run a marathon without meat, Matt proves the answer is yes!
Listen to Episode #016
Download the Script
Here you have access to the script that I use to record each episode. This is not a complete word-for-word transcript, though it does provide you with a detailed account of what I do to produce every episode of this podcast. Download the script.
The Tip of the Week
Today’s tip is all about thinking on purpose.
- The Strangest Secret [famous audio program by Earl Nightingale]
In this episode, I interview Bestselling author and popular blogger, Matt Frazier. Specifically, we dive into these topics:
- What it takes to become a no meat athlete.
- What it’s really like to run a 100-mile ultramarathon.
- What food is best for long runs.
- How Matt’s new book can help you eat better and improve your fitness.
- What inspired Matt to change his diet and what drives him to excel today.
- How Matt begins his day with a focus on many energy-expanding habits.
- What old-school personal development technique Matt has used to boost his growth.
Resources Mentioned in the Show
- NoMeatAthlete.com [blog by Matt Frazier]
- No Meat Athlete: Run on Plants and Discover Your Fittest, Fastest, Happiest Self [new book by Matt Frazier]
- Eat & Run [book by Scott Jurek]
- Finding Ultra [book by Rich Roll]
- iRunFar.com [website from Bryan Powell]
- HEED Sports Drink [Hammer Nutrition]
- Earthlings [animal rights documentary]
- The China Study [book by T. Colin Campbell, Ph.D.]
- Forks Over Knives [documentary on food and natural health]
- Food Inc. [documentary on food and natural health]
- Tribes [book by Seth Godin]
- The War of Art [book by Steven Pressfield]
- If you have not yet joined The 5 am Club, you can easily do so today for free. When you join the club you will get a free copy of The 5 AM Miracle eBook, which shows you exactly how to wake up each morning with vigor and make enormous progress on your biggest goals. To join The 5 AM Club AND jump-start your morning, visit 5amMiracle.com.
- Next week’s episode I will be revealing my Breakfast of Champions: How to Create Your own Super Star Smoothie. I’ll talk about how you can reinvent your breakfast for amazing energy and nutrition early every morning.
Subscribe to the Show
To make sure you don’t miss a single episode of the podcast, I encourage you to subscribe in iTunes.
Leave a Voice Message
If you have a question or comment that you would like me to address on the podcast itself, I highly encourage you to send me a voice message, which I will play on the show. You can also email me your questions and comments.
If you enjoyed the show, please rate my podcast in iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out. Thanks a bunch!
Are you a plant-based runner? Let me know in the comment below.
My wife, Tessa, and I live in Nashville, TN with our pug, Benny.